Saturday, March 8, 2014

Kristina- Final post

This project week is only my second, but certainly my favorite. Coming into this week I had a lot of preconceived ideas that proved me to be wrong. Seeing the Belknap House of Corrections and the Nashua St jail was especially interesting to me because I had thought all inmates in jail were treated the same. The house of corrections was a lot more laid back (but still safe and secure!)  while the jail seemed to be much stricter. I love talking about the jails because the jail visits were my absolute favorite part of the week. I had never before been inside a jail so I was very intrigued going into each one. Being able to actually talk to and ask the inmate, Mohammad, questions was very eye opening. Much of what I learned and got to experience this week is something I never would have gotten the opportunity to do outside of project week. A big thank you to Mr. Little and Ms. Grosart, our two amazing group leaders, for an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment