Monday, March 3, 2014

Gracie Day 1

Today was the first day of project week and it was definitely an eventful one. After having visited the New Hampton Police Department and then the Belknap County Jail I can say that I have learned a lot. I myself had made previous assumptions that jail can't be as bad as they perceive it on in the media, however it really does stink to these inmates. At times when in the Belknap County Jail, I was a bit creeped out however it was also sad to see all of these people whom get to the point of confinement. Although I say this, it was awesome how much the officers cared about the progress of the inmates in getting better and staying out of jail once they leave. As project week continues on I can not wait to see what else is out there to learn. I am especially excited for tomorrow and visiting a jail in Boston and actually speaking with the inmates themselves! CRIMINAL JUSTICE 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment