Monday, March 3, 2014

Emily Cuthbertson - Visit to County Jail

Today I learned the process of booking a criminal and how an officer handles the process. When visiting the county jail I assumed that all inmates were kept in single cells by themselves. Touring the jail I learned that some inmates who need maximum or medium security are kept in individual cells, but the inmates with minimum security were allowed to be out and hang around with other inmates. Before arriving at the jail I was nervous on what to expect, but when I got inside I realize that most inmates were just regular people doing their time. Going into the county jail and seeing small scale criminals who were mainly sentenced for one year made me excited to see the jail in Boston and how they handle their inmates on a different level then a county jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment