Saturday, March 8, 2014

Alberto - Final Post

This week was a great week, full of new experiences and lessons. I learned a lot about how the judiciary system works in America and it was great to realize that some of my assumptions were wrong and others right. Not everything is like in the movies or tv shows, but they are kind of accurate in some aspects. The thing that impressed me most was visiting both Kelnap county Jail and Nashua St. Jail, I think it gave me a more realistic perspective of how jails are in real life and what are the relationships between inmates and guards, and inmates with each other.
We also had the opportunity to talk to Chris keating (public defender) from who I learned what my rights are as a civilian and also what are the limitations of the police.
 After all this experience I think I'm definitely more prepared in the criminal justice area.


















No comments:

Post a Comment