Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Claire-day 2

My favorite thing that I learned yesterday was that Sargent Manning's favorite color was either blue or green. Belknap seemed like a much better place than the Nashua Street Jail. The officers at Belknap seemed to be more honest. From my experience, Boston police are beyond corrupt and racist. Whenever I go out they are just way more strict to African Americans than Whites. Sergeant Manning also seemed to be switching up his story throughout the tour which made me wonder if he was being completely honest. I also have no idea why he told us the story of him at DD's (it was a story that didnt make sense on how it was related to the jail.) Once we left the jail we went to the Boston Municipal Court. I was amazed on how pretty it was, almost as pretty as my favorite dorm parent Betty! I was not looking forward to the court because I thought it would be the most boring part of the trip. When we went to the pre-trial it was actually very interesting, it was almost like Law and Order but in real life. Then once the judge starting talking to us I'm pretty sure I may of fallen asleep because it was such a busy day. Overall, this project week has been very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment