Saturday, March 8, 2014

Gracie Final Post

This week has been a great one full of tons of new knowledge and fun. Going into this week, I knew very little information about the criminal justice system. Over the week I had assumptions that changed into realizations for example, I never really knew the power that guards/officers had in jail, or that in court as a defender you may be meeting with your client for just hours before their arraignment. I also assumed that jail really was terrible and as a group we were able to find out this is true. It really is a place that myself and I'm sure no one else would like to ever be. I also assumed that jails were all relatively the same, however this is not the case. All jails are different whether it is the amount of inmates, the security of the jail, or the environment of the jail. Belknap County House of Corrections and the Nashua St. Jail are an example of this as they were completely different than each other. This is just some of the new information that I learned over this past week. It was really awesome and I loved the groupi that I was with. Thank you Ms.Grosart, Mr.Little, Mr.Joslin, and the rest involved in making this project possible! CRIMINAL JUSTICE 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment